The Best Body Washes for Keratosis Pilaris That Treat Bumpy Skin
Getting a soft and silky skin might be a tough feat to accomplish. That’s why most beauty gurus recommend doing a facial skin care routine everyday, but how about your body? If you have the time and effort to pamper your face, might as well do the same for the rest of your body. While acne is a common facial skin problem, keratosis pilaris can be its counterpart on the upper arms, thighs, or buttocks.
Also known as chicken skin, keratosis pilaris is the result of keratin build-up in the pores that blocks hair follicles from growing. The reason why this happens is unknown, and preventing the small bumps from appearing on your skin might be difficult, but don’t fret! There are lots of ways to minimize the appearance of keratosis pilaris and significantly improve the appearance of your skin, and one of these is by using a body wash.
We scoured every physical and online store for the most effective body washes to address keratosis pilaris, and found three products that customers swear by. Try them out, and you might be surprised by the results!
- Medical grade cosmeceutical
- Glytone uses free unbuffered glycolic acid- effective for skin rejuvenation
If you want a complete set made especially for minimizing keratosis pilaris, you should definitely try the Glytone KP Kit. This kit comes with a body wash and lotion that gently exfoliates your body and effectively improves the appearance of your skin. Its formula utilizes glycolic acid to remove dead skin cells during the exfoliation process, with an addition of vitamin E to keep it moisturized.
$29.95 in stock
- EXFOLIATING BODY WASH FOR CLEAR SKIN: A foaming, sulfate free keratosis pilaris & acne body wash made with 15% glycolic acid and 2% salicylic acid, proven to exfoliate and clear your skin. Formulated with a pH of 3.5 to allow for more “free acids” to work on your skin. The Original KP Exfoliating Body Wash. No harmful beads or alcohols.
- SMOOTH SKIN WITH NO REDNESS: Our Keratosis Pilaris treatment has two key ingredients: glycolic acid (AHA) that exfoliates away surface bumps and oil soluble salicylic acid (BHA) which goes deep into your pores and hair follicles to target the source of KP and acne, reducing inflammation and redness.
- SKIN SOOTHING INGREDIENTS: Prevent irritation and keep your skin soft and moisturized with Aloe Vera, Gotu Kola (contains Asiatic acid an anti-inflammatory and collagen stimulating agent), and Vitamin E with powerful antioxidants that help protect your skin.
- NON-DRYING FORMULA: To prevent dry skin from making things worse, we use an optimal blend of surfactants and humectants to give you a deep cleanse while preventing your skin from over drying. Hyaluronic acid helps the skin reduce moisture loss and gives your skin a soft after-feel.
- RESULTS GUARANTEED: Not Happy? Contact us and we promise to make it right! 100% satisfaction or your money back. Made in the USA in a cruelty-free FDA inspected and cGMP/SOP compliant facility. No parabens, dyes, phthalates, sulfates, or drying alcohols.
Dermatologists recommend using body washes infused with glycolic acid and salicylic acid to address keratosis pilaris, and you’ll find them both in the Touch Keratosis Pilaris & Acne Exfoliating Body Wash. An excellent body wash to clear your skin, these two ingredients work together to exfoliate surface bumps and target the root cause of keratin build-up, as well as acne, without causing redness and irritation to your skin.
- [DAILY-USE] AHA body wash for all skin types
- [VISUALLY IMPROVES] uneven skin tone and texture
- [CLARIFIES SKIN] for Brighter, softer, and smoother skin with a luminous glow
- [FORMULATED] with a blend of fruit enzymes, ginseng, grapefruit and linden to hydrate & brighten skin
- [FREE FROM] parabens, as well as, vegan, cruelty-free and made in the USA
Looking for an all-natural body wash without hurting your budget? The Mario Badescu A.H.A. Botanical Body Soap has a mix of grapefruit, ginseng, and linden extracts for a refreshing wash that deeply cleanses and moisturizes your skin. Its natural botanicals are effective in reducing the appearance of small bumps, making them less noticeable when used continuously. If you prefer an affordable treatment for your keratosis pilaris, this is the perfect body wash for you.