5 Best Korean Moisturizers for Oily Skin: Lightweight, Hydrating Formulas
Others may think that moisturizing oily skin is a counterintuitive step and should be removed from your daily skincare routine, but dermatologists say otherwise. Experts say that the overproduction of sebum can be a sign that your skin might be hydrated, and using harsh products that strip off natural moisture will dry out your skin. Those who are prone to acne also need to hydrate their skin to prevent breakouts and further redness and patchiness.
Luckily, there are lots of non-comedogenic and water-based moisturizers out there that are made specifically for oily skin. And if you’re a fan of Korean skincare products, you’re in for a treat! We have here the best Korean moisturizers for oily skin, from the most sought-after brands to affordable selections that even the most budget-conscious shopper can’t resist. Keep reading, and you might find your Holy Grail moisturizer from our list!
- Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel - 300ml/10.56oz
Probably one of the best and most well-known moisturizers in the market is the Nature Republic Aloe Soothing Gel. Known for its soothing and cooling effect, this hydrating gel has 92% organic aloe vera leaf extract that keeps your skin moisturized without the sticky feeling. They’re also a great alternative to moisturizing lotions for the body!
- This soothing gel leaves skin refreshed and hydrated - rich with Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, rich in polysaccharides and Propolis Extract, well known for its soothing properties
- Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel is for all types of skin including sensitive and troubled skin
- Contains two bottles of Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel 100ml/3.38 fl. oz.
- Expiration Date: 24 months from manufacture date
- Made in South Korea
Do you have acne-prone skin? Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel is a great product that keeps the oil at bay and prevents breakouts at the same time. Propolis is a natural ingredient produced by bees and is known for its antibacterial benefits that prevents skin irritation. It can also improve the appearance of fresh acne scars by repairing damaged skin and maintaining its smoothness.
- Pure Fermented Green Tea Extract, or ‘Chung TaeJeon' is the world’s first naturally fermented green tea and a TONYMOLY Global Exclusive.
- Naturally fermented green tea contains high anti-oxidant and moisturizing benefits to skin, much higher than that of fresh green tea.
- Lightweight formula sinks deep into the skin for a fresh finish.
- Lemon Seed Oil - Filled with antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Rosewood Oil - Soothing and revitalizing.
Detoxify and moisturize at the same time with TONYMOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream infused with all-natural fermented green tea extract. This lightweight cream is rich in antioxidants that refreshes your skin and provides a youthful glow without the unnecessary grease. Those who have sensitive skin can also benefit from its formula that is mild enough to prevent irritation that may lead to redness.
- Outstanding skin regenerating effect – 92% snail secretion filtrate
- Fine wrinkle care by adenosine & peptide , certified for anti-aging
- Blemish care
Fight aging skin and reduce the amount of oil on your face with Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream. Compared to other snail creams, this cream has an impressive 92% snail mucus extract, which effectively regenerates skin cells and reduces the appearance of fine lines. When used on a daily basis, this will significantly improve the elasticity of your skin and prevent the formation of wrinkles.
- Small Super Collagen water particles in the Moistfull cream always keep your skin hydrated and leave your skin feeling like jelly.
- 120 hours of Super Collagen water effect with proven experimental data
- Improvement on skin layers with outstanding hydrating level seen within 5 days
- Skin gloss lasts 12 hours after application
- * Tested by IC Korea with 23 persons of 20~25's
Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream is a popular choice among avid users of Korean skincare products not just because of the brand, but for its effectiveness as well. Aging skin tends to produce less collagen, but this hydrating cream promotes the collagen production and keeps your skin firm and supple. If you’re a fan of Etude House, this moisturizer is definitely worth a try!